Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own morality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
When you decide to preplan your funeral the staff at Langham Funeral Home will guide you in choosing our two options. Irrevocable Burial CD Funds and Revocable Burial CD Funds are offered and are often selected in regards to lawyers advice as well as medicaid requirements. Both are set up in the individual's name and social security number FBO of the funeral home at the time of death. For more information please contact Langham Funeral Home.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
- Write down information you would like to have in your obituary and select a picture for obituary.
- Pick out clothing and jewerly.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- We encourage you to think about it and call us. We are here to answer any of your questions and remember you can change your arrangement and merchandise choices at any time.